The Importance of Mulching
A newly planted tree’s best friend is mulch. It is very important to remember to mulch your tree after you have planted it.
Mulch is a valuable for your tree’s health and care because:
- Mulch insulates the soil helping to provide a buffer from heat and cold temperatures.
- Mulch retains water helping to keep the roots moist.
- Mulch keeps weeds out to help prevent root competition.
- Mulch prevents soil compaction.
- Mulch reduces lawn mower damage.
Steps to Adding Mulch Around Your Tree
- Add mulch to the base of your tree by removing any grass within a 3 to 10 foot area depending on the size of your tree.
- Pour natural mulch such as wood chips or bark pieces 2 to 4 inches deep within the circle.
- Keep the mulch from touching the trunk of the tree.
- Learn proper tree watering practices.
Advice from The National Arbor Day Foundation
COMPONENTS: Shredded wood fiber from species such as oak, hickory, ash, maple and beech, color enriched with an environmentally safe, non-toxic colorant. No waste wood or ground pallets are ever used.
RECOMMENDED USES: Enhance the beauty of your landscape while reaping the benefits of weed prevention and moisture control with our Red Mulch. Our non-toxic colorant is safe for use around animals, children and pets.
2 cubic foot bags
Bulk order contains approximately 75 cubic yards
- . 60 bags per pallet; 20-22 pallets per load