Barky Beaver Algood
How much mulch or amendment will you need for your project? You can use this handy calculator or ask David to help you figure your needs.
Download these handy resources.
Guide for Buying Correct Number of Bags
Barky Beaver Algood is a second mulch processing, retail and wholesale operation is located in Algood, Tenn., near Cookeville, just off I-40, in addition to Barky Beaver’s Headquarters at Moss, Tenn. Nestled in the heart of the Tennessee Upper Cumberland on Tennessee’s Eastern Highland Rim, Barky Beaver has access to some of the best and largest stockpiles of bark available anywhere. From this bountiful source, bark is readily made into products that are delivered to markets in the South Central and lower Midwest regions of the U.S.
Barky Beaver Algood
425 E Main St.
Cookeville, Tenn. 38506
Monday & Friday
7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m
Sunday – Closed
Ask our Algood Manager David Tackett for information about our Barky Beaver Big Bucks Fundraising program.
Why use Barky Beaver Mulch?
- improves your soil’s fertility as it decomposes
- buffers soil temperature, keeping soils warmer in winter and cooler in summer
- helps maintain soil moisture by reducing evaporation
- minimizes water needs for established plants.
- improves soil aeration and structure over time
- inhibits certain plant diseases
- placed around trees and shrubs (not against the trunk) eases maintenance and reduces the likelihood of damage from string trimmers
- gives planting beds a neat and uniform appearance, adding a contrast of color and texture that compliments plantings
Stone Sales at Algood
Learn more about the stone products offered by Barky Beaver by clicking here. We’re authorized dealers for some of America’s best companies and can offer you thousands of choices for your construction and landscaping needs.
The Mill Storehouse
Visit Barky Beaver’s sister company retail shop near Algood.
Click HERE for directions to The Mill Storehouse beside Honest Abe Log Homes in Cookeville on Highway 111 North.
The shops are open Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Visit our online store at The Mill Storehouse.